- World Language - 3 credits
- Science (includes biology and chemistry) - 4 credits
- Social Studies - 3 credits
- Physical Education/Health - 1 credit
Courses should be challenging, strenuous and suited to the talents of each student as she prepares for college entrance. Guidance Counselors work with each student to design a program of study suited to her needs.
Grade Percentage Range Grade Points
A+ 99 - 100 4.5
A 93 - 98 4.0
B+ 90 - 92 3.5
B 86 - 89 3.0
C+ 80 - 85 2.5
C 76 - 79 2.0
D+ 73 - 75 1.5
D 70 - 72 1.0
F Below 70 0.0
A student must complete seven of the following eight criteria to be eligible for the Diploma with Honors from the State of Ohio.
- Mathematics - 4 credits including algebra I, geometry, algebra II, and another higher level course
- Science - 4 credits including physics and chemistry
- Social Studies - 4 credits
- Foreign Language - 3 credits including at least 2 units in each language studied
- Electives - Not counted toward requirements
- GPA - 3.5 on a 4.0 scale *Beaumont follows a 4.5 scale therefore, required GPA needs to be a 3.8
- ACT/SAT (excluding the writing section) - 27 ACT / 1210 SAT
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR PLANNING COURSES
Each student is required to register for 7 classes each semester.
Block scheduling enables students to exceed the graduation requirements in one or more subject areas. Students are encouraged to exceed these graduation requirements, but must keep in mind that classes in senior year should be challenging. Courses that should be taken are: English, Government, Theology, Science and Math.