Step-by-Step Application Process
Follow our step by step guide to help you navigate the application process. If you have any questions about our application process, please contact the Office of Admissions by calling or 216.325.1661 or by emailing email@example.com.
Step 1: Create a Prospective Student Account
Begin your admission process with Beaumont School by creating a Personal Account on the Beaumont Online Admissions Portal.
Step 2: Schedule a Shadow Day
Visiting Beaumont is the best way to experience a day in the life of a Beaumont student. Spend a day with a Beaumont Ambassador for a personally guided tour through a typical day. You will have the chance to meet with teachers of the specific classes or programs that interest you, and experience Beaumont as one of our own.
Many Catholic grade schools set aside days for you to visit Catholic high schools. We welcome you on those designated days, or another date of your choosing.
If you attend a Public or Private school, we invite you to access the Online Admissions Portal to schedule your shadow day online. To ensure the best experience for your Shadow Day, we ask that you please make shadow day arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.
Step 3: Register to take the Entrance Exam
All 8th grade students interested in applying to Beaumont School are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Beaumont School as part of the admissions process. You can register for an exam through the Beaumont Online Admissions Portal. We offer two exam dates in October*, one in November and one in December.
*For October Entrance Exams only: If your composite score is in the 90th percentile, you will be designated a Beaumont Presidential Academic Scholar and will receive a four-year, merit-based scholarship to attend Beaumont School.
Step 4: Attend an Open House
Beaumont School Open Houses are specifically designed to suit your interests and help you make your high school selection. Open Houses are offered on a Sunday in late September and a Thursday in November. Meet our Student Ambassadors, teachers, and coaches; learn about our academic programs and mission; and explore the dozens of extracurricular opportunities that are available.
Step 5: Apply
Catholic School Applicants
Prospective students who attend diocesan schools will receive applications in mid-January from their grade school. The application deadline will be at the end of the same week in which the applications are distributed. All applications are sent to the student’s “first-choice” school as noted on the application.
- Application forms will be distributed on January 16, 2018 by Diocesan grade schools.
- Those interested in Beaumont should indicate Beaumont as their first choice on this form.
- These forms, together with the student’s records, are forwarded to the Beaumont Admission Office by the applicant’s school. All Diocesan applications must be in the Beaumont Admission Office by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- The Beaumont Admission Committee reviews all applications to decide which students meet the admissions criteria. This review consists of the student’s application, Beaumont entrance exam, 2 teacher recommendations, all grades and transcripts, standardized testing and attendance and conduct reports. Our committee performs a thorough review of ALL of these materials in making the decision to accept.
- A decision letter will be sent in mid February to applicants who indicate Beaumont School as their first choice.
- If applicants indicate Beaumont School is their first choice but they are not admitted, Beaumont will automatically forward their applications to their second choice school.
**2018-2019 Dates to be released in the fall
Public/Private School Applicants
We welcome rolling admissions from students at public or private schools. To begin the application process, students must set up an account through the Beaumont Online Admissions Portal. Please contact the Admission Office or download a copy of the Beaumont Application. The completed application, along with a student’s transcript, 2 teacher recommendations and a personal essay are required for review. Students should forward their current school records to the Beaumont Admission Office by using the records release form. This form should be completed and forwarded to the current school’s principal’s office.
Transfer Student Applicants
Students who are interested in transferring to Beaumont from another school either in the area or from out of town are encouraged to spend a day shadowing at Beaumont and to meet with our heads of school. Transfer students are not required to take an entrance exam. However, students are required to submit a Records Release Form to your current school for a transcript to be sent to Beaumont. Please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 216.325.1661 in order to discuss application materials, criteria and guidelines.
Academic Support Applicants
Beaumont School recognizes and values the learning differences among students. Our mission is to inspire and enable all students to participate in a Catholic education and to include all students, to the extent possible, with the necessary services and supports, to provide equitable access to the curriculum and extra-curricular activities regardless of their challenges while ensuring high expectations are maintained for all students.
Beaumont School is a provider for the Jon Peterson Scholarship offered through the Ohio Department of Education. (link to: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Other-Resources/Scholarships/Special-Needs-Scholarship)
A student interested in applying to Beaumont who has one of the following accommodation plans is invited to take the Beaumont Entrance Exam:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
- 504 Plan
- SEGO Plan (Student Education Goals & Objectives)
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
Please submit all plans a month prior to your entrance exam for our Academic Support team to complete a review for testing accommodations. Please email a copy of your daughter’s plan to email@example.com.