Posted on July 27, 2023 in Articles
On March 16, the Beaumont community gathered for the dedication of the new Sister Margaret Ann Kelley Dining Hall, affectionately known as the MAK. We were joined by lead donors, Steve and Debbie Klug and family, many Ursuline Sisters, members of the Kelley family, Board members, generous donors, friends, and staff. Father Lucas Laniauskas, from Church of the Gesu, blessed the new space and Sister Cheryl Mentkowski offered a special tribute in Sister Margaret Ann’s honor. Graduating from Beaumont in 1949, Sister Margaret Ann later taught theology and served as Beaumont Principal from 1986-1990 and Beaumont President from 1991-1997. Her leadership was an inspiration to Steve and Debbie Klug. We know Sister Margaret Ann’s Irish Eyes were smiling down on all of us!