Monday, May 24th
Cous Cous and quinoa Greek bowl
Israeli couscous and quinoa tossed with EVOO and fresh herbs, diced grilled chicken, feta cheese, cucumbers, and black olives.
Tuesday, May 25th
Egg and tofu fried rice (vegetarian/gluten free)
Rice quickly stir-fried with scrambled egg, diced tofu, spring onions, and chili.
Wednesday, May 26th
Grilled turkey, ham, and cheese on sourdough.
Thick cut sourdough bread stuffed with in-house sliced ham, turkey, Swiss, and provolone cheeses; served with fresh fruit.
Thursday, May 27th
Pierogies w/ melted onions and sour cream (vegetarian)
Dumplings stuffed with potato and cheese then tossed with sautéed onions and served with sour cream.
Friday, May 21st
The kitchen is closed today for both breakfast and lunch! If you will be needing food or beverages, please bring these items from home!
Salad of the week:
Spinach apple walnut salad
Baby spinach tossed with diced apples, toasted walnuts, sliced red onion, shredded cheddar, and crumbled bacon; your choice of dressing. (CONTAINS WALNUTS!)
Sandwich of the week:
Turkey and hummus flatbread
Grilled pita bread spread with homemade hummus, sliced turkey, cucumber, tomato, and crumbled goat cheese.
Specialty cookie of the week: White chocolate macadamia nut (CONTAINS NUTS!!)
Specialty Beaumont muffin of the week: White chocolate cinnamon
Specialty bagel of the week: Everything
Scratch Dressing: Soy peanut vinaigrette/Caesar
So long! Farewell! Aufwiedersehn! Goodbye!
Our Pure Leaf Tea option for the rest of the year is just: Sweet Tea
- What the heck is quinoa anyway? https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-quinoa
- Seven good reasons to eat olives! https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/7-reasons-you-must-eat-olives/articleshow/18516484.cms#:~:text=Cardiovascular%20benefits&text=The%20antioxidant%20nutrients%20in%20black,atherosclerosis%20and%20increase%20good%20cholesterol.
- Are eggs the perfect food? https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
- Why is everyone talking about sourdough? https://www.webmd.com/diet/sourdough-bread-good-for-you#2
- What’s the deal with Pierogis? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi
- Talk to me about spinach! https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-health-benefits-of-spinach
- Is hummus healthy? https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-hummus-healthy
- And the good news of the week is this: This year we have tried MANY new entrées, salads, and sandwiches in the kitchen. The year we changed our approach to feeding the Beaumont family and, thanks to you, we been able to enjoy a multitude of dishes that didn’t compromise flavor for health and still offered a large variety of foods to each and every one of you! I want to thank you for another great year here at Beaumont and for your willingness to be bold and try new things in the kitchen. To our Seniors: it has truly been my privilege to cook for you these last 4 years. I will miss you all! Thank you for the smiles, laughter, and kindness you’ve shown to me since the time you were Freshmen. God bless you all. -Chef Bo